Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Turning 30

Well, I turned 30.

The only difference I've noticed so far is that I don't like being asked how old I am.

It was so nice to be able to say "29" with a youthful little grin. I felt like a wee babe still being in my 20s :)

Luckily, I haven't been asked too many times yet. But when I do respond to the age question, I kind of cringe saying the word 'thirty'.

I'm an oldie now. In my own opinion of course. To people older than me, I know 30 sounds young. Oh, it's all relative as they say. But, I remember hearing 30 when I was in high school and thinking that was pretty old. Past having that much fun.......and time for all things Mommy. In college I probably thought of 30 year olds as people that 'used' to be cool. Ha. Yet, for some reason, I really longed for that 30 year old looking life. The house, the kids, the cute husband. That was pretty much my dream since I can remember.  

Yep, I've said goodbye to my 20's but I still think I'm pretty cool and still have lots of fun ;)
Maybe even more sometimes. 
I learned some pretty important lessons in the last decade. Maybe I'll post some Lessons Learned. Maybe that will make me feel 'wiser' :)


I got to do a lot of celebration. We celebrated a bit in Vegas, a bit in Dallas, and a bit back here in LR.

A bunch of girls helped me ring in my 30's at Cheers on Thursday evening. One of my fave restaurants ever with some of my favorite mommas ever. 




Besties since junior high. Love you, Courts. 


Isaac took me to dinner and out for gelato on my actual birthday night. It was marvelous. I'm just sad I didn't take a picture. 
He surprised me with a beautiful table for our patio that he built HIMSELF!!! (With the help of our pal Chris:) Such a special gift. I love him to pieces. Looking forward to painting it and putting some fun chairs around it. 


So, thirties..... here I come. 
Perhaps you'll be even more fun than those 20's.


love,
morgan






No comments: