Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Remembering Memaw

My mom's mom, Memaw, left this world this past Thursday. Mrs. Martha Jane Cole Westmoreland.
Mother of 5. Grandmother to 11. Great-grandmother to 11 more. 

So, this Memorial Day weekend, we spent lots of time with family remembering my sweet grandmother.

Here she is holding Annette when she was just a couple of weeks old.


And holding Annette and cousin Landon about a year later.


Lauren flew in from Dallas (where she is doing her last internship). My Aunt Carol and her husband, Phil, and sons, Cole and Jacob all flew in from the east coast as well.  The rest of our huge family lives just a few minutes from each other here in central AR. So nice to have everyone in the same place at the same time.

Some of the pretty flowers sent to my mom's house.



For three days, we played at my mom's house. We swam. We ate. We talked and talked, and hugged and hugged some more. We remembered our matriarch... the mother of us.










Below is a picture of my mom holding Charlie while she is sitting in her brother, Frank's, lap : )
It was a full house....  Like always. Like we like it.



Here is a picture taken several years ago of my mom, her 3 sisters, and my Memaw. Don't know why my Uncle Frank, their one brother, didn't make this shot. Proof that we should be much more intentional about getting group pictures!


I am so blessed to have such wonderful aunts and uncles that have always been a big part of my life.
I can't count the memories I have with Memaw and the Westmoreland 5. 
Easter egg hunts, Lake Conway trips, South Carolina beach trips, shopping outings, church Sundays, fishing, hunting, sleepovers, hair playing, Spades playing, coloring, movie watching, bar-stool spinning, weddings, birthdays, and so many more. 

Thanks, Memaw, for raising 5 energetic children. Our lives have all been so much fuller because of you.



No comments: