Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Crib Deconstruction = Twin Headboards

Several months ago I mentioned reusing Annette's crib in this old post. It was a simple project. I just used the same chalk paint I used on Set's made-over crib and on our crafting/eating/playing table. Can't really call it a kitchen table because it sits in a breakfast nook type area, and can't call it a dining table because that makes it sound big and fancy. You can see it here, it's really a crafting/eating/playing chalk painted table. Really. It's held up very well considering how much we mess it up and have to scrub it to get all the mess off of it. I'll probably need to re-wax it one day, but I won't be getting to that any time soon.

So here are those two crib ends. I painted them, and then had my handy man come screw them directly into the wall so they wouldn't move around. Then I just slid the twin beds right up to them. Almost instant headboards :) They could probably be a bit wider to look like a standard twin headboard, but non-perfectionist me is not picky about things like that. There must be/needs to be a better word for those of us who fall in to that category. If their width starts to bug me, I could always get my HM to add a couple pieces of those crown molding things to either side to widen them up.



Here they were before. Isaac was ready to get rid of them when they'd been sitting in our storage for the last 3.5 years. Glad I figured out a way to keep them and make them serve a new purpose.




 I found the blue and white buffalo check bedskirt and pillows on eBay. Got the white pillows from an antique store and then had them monogrammed. Thought that would save me $$ instead of buying the pre-made ones on Etsy, but I should have just bought the ones off Etsy. The pictures above the beds are old book pages. Curtains and dresser were all in Annette's room already.


I took these pictures while my mom was watching them overnight for us. Otherwise, I would never have been able to keep this room clean for this long. Those wild sweeties came home and 30 minutes later it was almost unrecognizable :)

Annette and Charlie very much enjoy sharing this room. It probably helps that they are so close in age and that they prefer to be together rather than apart. Which I think is very precious.





 Oh, this outfit. 
Where I prefer gingham, stripes, and solids... she prefers glitter, neons, and clipart (which she always manages to find at her Granny's house;)





Happy days. 
Watching them play and sleep in here. 
Reading them stories, singing them songs, praying with them, and kissing them goodnight in here. 
Very blessed days.


That crib has served us well.
 As has Set's. 

Probably won't be chalk painting anything else for the next few months as I don't quite have enough hours or hands as of now with the three kiddos. But, I'll get there :)

~morgan

3 comments:

Carol said...

Super cute! It turned out beautifully!

Courtney said...

It is so cute! I love the buffalo check!

Lauren said...

It's gorgeous! Loved getting a peek. =)