Saturday, December 29, 2012

A White Nursery

Charlie's nursery became baby Set's nursery a few months ago. Charlie might be sad about that, except that he LOVES sleeping in a big boy bed in a room with Annette. I was all worried about how those two would do sharing a room, but they have actually been easier to put to bed. For nap/rest time, Charlie sleeps in their room and Annette watches a show or plays in my room. It works for us.

Here was Charlie's room. I loved (still love) that red crib I painted myself, but, I didn't like much else about the room : / I blame some of my quick choices on the fact that I was plain pooped most of the time when I was pregnant with him. Annette was still so young... and a strong willed handful at that. Love her to pieces, but she is full of ideas and personality. 



When we found out we were having a boy, I started pinning lots of stuff for a shared bedroom for my older two kids and stuff for our new little man. 

Thought I'd keep the crib red. Yet, after using chalk paint on several other pieces around the house, I just had to paint the crib with it too. Glad I did. 

Here is what I came up with using mostly things we already had.



I had our pal, Darrell, paint the walls white. Was nervous to do this since I usually think of white as too stark or something, but when I looked at all my favorite pins.... almost all of them had white walls. I really like their brightness. 
I made a little slipcover with a ticking striped apron. Don't look too closely or you'll see signs of my amateur sewing skills, but for the big price of 5$ I turned an old stool into something more cottagey.



These two antler deals were collecting dust in our carport. Isaac seemed proud I used some of his hunting treasures in the room. I did paint the wooden pieces white, but that was a quick fix. 

 I found the two frames in a pile of items that said "take me, i'm free" at Harding's professional center one weekend. I obliged. And then had some vintage book pages matted at Hobby Lobby to fit the frames. 


That ladder I had from Charlie's nursery. Got it from Sweet Home over by Haus Werk in Hillcrest. 
Love both those stores.
The lamp was from Target on clearance. Probably because it was purple. 
An easy fix with white spray paint. :)

The chair is upholstered in a striped fabric. I wanted white. (More white in a nursery, am I crazy? :)
I found a slipcover that had very similar dimensions as my chair on Ballard Design's website. On sale of course. I really should tailor it to fit it just right, but it fits well enough for now. 




Linen crib skirt off eBay, and the bumper pad was a Saver's steal at a whopping $3.99. It's Serena and Lily, too! I was thrilled to find it just sitting on the shelf waiting for me to walk by:))


Bookshelf we had in Annette's room





The curtains were a gift from my sweet mom. (from JC Penney) Thank you!



We will see how long I can keep the white things looking white. 

Excited to have little Set here now to make it complete. 

Happy Weekend.

~morgan



2 comments:

Carol said...

It turned out beautifully! Had fun seeing Isaac and Charlie at church this morning - hope Annette gets to feeling better!

Tina said...

just came across your adorable blog! I love your nursery, its so sweet. Im due in the beginning of March and have been working hard on mine. You did a great job!