Monday, October 3, 2011

Destination: Beach Wedding


One of my best friends from high school got married this past weekend. Isaac and I made a 3 night vacation out of it. At 5 am on Thursday we left the kids with my ever giving Mom and Dad, and drove several hours to Rosemary Beach, Florida. The drive might be dreaded by those who get to sit for hours at a time. Or for those who get to spend hours talking to their nice husbands each day. But to me, the drive was actually very relaxing and gave us plenty of uninterrupted talk time... much different than when we drove to Destin back in May with a 1 and 2 year old in the backseats. Love em', but they sure are difficult to entertain in the car for 10 hours.

This was the first time we had been to Florida during the fall. I must say, it was the best beach weather we've ever experienced. May is really-really nice too, but I guess October seemed even better because I felt like I got a bonus sun-soaking weekend, while it's been turning Fall at home. The weather made the already beautiful wedding setting, even more beautimous.





The rehearsal dinner was in Watercolor. It was under this barn type pavillion thing and absolutely gorgeous. Loved hearing dads and siblings and close friends give some tributes to the almost married couple. Laughed through some, cried through many, and just had to share some of my own old cherished memories from our junior high and high school days together.




The wedding took place on a green right beside the ocean. How much more romantic can it get???
After the ceremony, the family took pictures down on the sand.



Lindsey was beautiful! And more giddy than ever. Lovebirds:)

There were so many special, thought out, details to this wedding. My favorite was the choir singing O Happy Day, and several other old hymns. I was in Heaven. I get real excited when I think about Heaven, and how I might get to hear this kind of worship all the time :)






Isaac and I danced and danced and danced to a super fun band.
Number 309 reason why Isaac is great :  He will dance with me. And likes it.

Lucky me....





And Lucky Us.
We got to spend hours upon hours at the beach during the 2 1/2 days we were there.


Many other friends that made it down for the wedding...


A handful of  the many gals that were there. This picture was taken at about 5:45 on Saturday evening. Oh how we soaked up every last drop of the sun knowing we would be leaving early Sunday morning.


To top it all off, Isaac and I went to our favorite place, Cafe Tango on Saturday evening.

It was a weekend filled with good memories and good food and good Hog playing and a good break from our day-to-day busy lives. And on top of it all, we got to look forward to seeing our kiddos when we returned home.

Not much else to ask for : )


No comments: