Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Fayetteville and a Hymn

We went to Fayetteville for a quick trip this weekend. Isaac had a work meeting up there and we happily tagged along. Isaac's family has a house there, and we swam in the neighborhood pool, and then played at the nearby Wilson Park. 

Somehow, Annette has been able to cross the monkey bars since before I can remember. 
Charlie has been working on this and proudly mastered it while we were at the park!





When it started raining we went to Boingo Bounce, which was perfect for our energetic kiddos.  My energy level is starting to dwindle, so I spent most of this time watching. Which makes me realize how much love I have in my heart for this family of mine. Seeing Annette take care of Set, helping him up the jumpy things. Watching Charlie and Set interact as rough little brothers-- like I imagine puppies would do. (I wouldn't really know ;)


We ate dinner at this coffee house place with a fun back patio. Kids didn't love the crepes so much, but it was still a fun memory. 






This guy makes being a parent look like constant fun. Which we all know it is ;)



Random note: This old song keeps popping in my head lately, Teach Me Lord, to Wait.  Not sure I'm even waiting for anything right now, but I still keep humming it in the car. 

That's one huge blessing of being around old hymns all the time when I was younger.... They pop in my head whenever I'm praying or seeking guidance or am frustrated or feeling crazy grateful. 

Not a professional video version, but I love the words to this hymn and can see why it has been viewed so many times. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxbYX1cGy4g


TEACH ME, LORD, TO WAIT

Stuart Hamblen

Teach me, Lord to wait
Down on my knees
Till in your own good time
You will answer my pleas
Teach me not to rely on what others do
But to wait in prayer
For an answer from You

They that wait upon the Lord
Shall renew their strength
They shall mount up with wings like eagles
They shall run and not be weary
They shall walk and not faint
Teach me, Lord, to wait

Teach me, Lord to wait
While my heart is all aflame
Let me humble my pride
And call on Your name
Keep my faith renewed;
Keep my eyes fixed on You
Let me be on this earth
What You want me to be

They that wait upon the Lord
Shall renew their strength
They shall mount up with wings like eagles
They shall run and not be weary
They shall walk and not faint
Teach me, Lord to wait




No comments: