Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Mackenzie

My dad has two sisters and one brother.

2 girls and 2 boys in his family. Sounds familiar :) Toni, mary ellen, and L.B. And H.B. 

My mom has three sisters and one brother. Frank, Kay, Betty, and carol. 4 again!!! (We were destined, ha:) 

All of these people live in Central Arkansas, except my beautiful and Carol and her fam. Very lucky! 

We do every holiday together. I feel close to each one of them. Their kids were my closest friends growing up... More than just cousins. 

My cousin Sydney, aunt Toni's daughter, took care of me and my sisters many summers. Took us to fly kites, swim, and to the goodwill :) I remember well her teaching me how to put my hair into a ponytail. With 'no bumps', I'd say.  I remember When she got married. And being the flower girl. I remember the day we found out she was having a boy (hunter) and the day she found out she was having a baby girl. Hannah Mackenzie.  We spent summer days playing with them. I went to talent shows at Indian hills elementary to watch hunter and Kenzie perform. I remember Kenzie being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and how Sydney handled it all like a champ. 

Last week, her precious Kenzie got very very sick. We prayed and prayed for a miracle, but she moved on from this earth. At age 21. 

I hurt for my aunt Toni, my cousin Sydney, tom and cart and hunter.  

Once again, I place my faith in the Hope of Jesus. That this world is just a passing place. 

Love and miss you Kenzie











No comments: