Monday, September 1, 2014

Ike Bday and a Labor Day Regatta

School days are becoming the norm for us again. Which I quite like. Blessed to have so many friends on our street to play with after school. 


We celebrated Isaac's bday once at home with the kids, once with his parents and siblings at sushi cafe, and once with my family. 


I had some helpers with my first attempt at Connie's famous choc cake. 

I'd say I scored about a 90%! Which is good for this non-baking Morgan. 


I 'let' isaac grill our steaks on his new PK grill. Yummmm



Charlie is into bugs, ninja turtles, Legos, and drawing lately. I've enjoyed having special time with just him the last two weeks. He starts his preschool school tomorrow. 



First razorback game of the season

Lunch with grandparents after church


The regatta boat races at the pool tonight




Our neighbor/friend/house builder/contractor/Boyce crafted this cardboard box for the annual race. His daughter Maggie asked Annette to join her for the ride. They started off a little bit in the wrong direction, but finished up with a little guidance. The boat was super well built... But I'd expect no less from Boyce the builder ;) I posted a short video clip on Instagram of the race. 






We were entertained by the Central High School band, which was so fun

It was a nice farewell to summer:)












No comments: