Monday, August 20, 2018

Summer trip to Aspen


We escaped the Arkansas heat and headed to the mountains. This was our first time to Colorado in the summer.... and not ski/snowboard.  Isaac was itching to board on the lifts up and down the mountain.












We went to ride horses at a small ranch near the famous maroon bells peaks. 



The kids showed no nervousness riding for the first time. 





We walked along with the kids as they rode. 
Guides helping us find some beautiful meadows, creeks, and wild raspberries. 
This was a big highlight for me. The trails seems almost untouched, no one but us and the guides were around. The kids were not complaining. Perfect activity. 



We went to see the Maroon Bells and it's true. You cannot describe how beautiful they are to see in person. 




We had a little picnic, the boys skipped rocks, and found moss along the paths to throw in the creek. Charlie and Ike and I could have stayed all day, but our other three family members were tired quickly. 







We also went to a rodeo in Snowmass, 20 mins away, but I didn't bring my big camera there. That was one of the most fun activities. Those pictures are on my phone and Instagram. We went to the top of Snowmass another day and rode the alpine slide, climbed some rock walls, and fished for a couple of hours. 
I discovered that I love Colorado in the summer, and that my crew is getting easier to enjoy on trips. 
Hope we get the chance to do this again next summer.


No comments: