Saturday, November 2, 2013

Grant street project: Month 6

November 15 we will be moving in this place.

I want to jump out of my seat just typing that. We are on our way to Fayetteville for the game. Kid-free thanks to my mom and dad. No better time to recap this month's house smatterings. 


Counters are in, along with bead board backsplash, but I haven't taken a new picture in awhile. Sink and faucet are in too, but I failed to get a pic of that either. 


The butcher block counter top for this 'peninsula' is supposed to go in this coming week. 


Brick for fireplace. 



Laundry room brick floor is in. Love that pattern. Still working on shelves for this room. 

We refinished and stained all the hardwoods. The existing floors were white oak, the new wood that we threaded in and put on stairs and upstairs is a red oak wood. We chose a medium dark walnut stain. They turned out great. 



Hexagon tile in all the bathrooms





One of the jobs Isaac and I hate most is putting up the ironing board. Sooo, we had this one put in our closet. It pivots and is hopefully going to make our whole  life easier ;) it has a door front, just not up yet. 


My side of our closet. I'm really going to tryyyy to keep it nice and organized. That's so not like me to be tidy. So I'm going to try to prove myself wrong. I can step on the drawers to reach the tall stuff. 


Bathroom counters and sinks and faucets all in. They actually work too!! Even the potties are in! They work, and so do the lights and air and heater....which has us really itchin' to move in. 

Two more weeks. Two more weeks. 14 days. We can wait. We can wait. 


Another detail I'm excited about. Outlets under sink. And the fact that they aren't cluttered. Yet. 


Mirrors going in this week. 


Wallpaper in itty bitty powder room

This is how she looks at about 6:45pm. 

Isaac also had new box wood bushes, grass, new rock paths, and other pretty stuff put in the front yard. 

We still have a list of things to complete:
Light fixtures to be put in
Hardware on cabinets
Powder room toilet/sink
Peninsula counter 
Sink and shelves in laundry 
Glass shower walls 
Carpet in upstairs bedrooms 

But Can't believe we are almost done!
Ready to move stuff in and make it feel like home all over again. 

No comments: